Devoted to preserving and spreading awareness of local history and culture

  • E h house

Our Stewardship of the House

Since the beginning of the last century local women have maintained a credible presence in Edge Hill House.  When farmers of the time met to exchange livestock and information, their wives gathered in this house and organized the Gloucester Woman’s Club in 1913.  Subsequently in 1920 this Club purchased the residence and continues to own it.

Members tend to the regular care, custody, and maintenance of the property.  Near the end of the last century one member left a generous bequest which is invested.  The Edge Hill House Foundation oversees this portfolio and provides funding for major repairs and upgrades.